Friday, August 23, 2013

Heading back.

21 September 2011, it is the day when I first reach London. 
Today, 23 Aug 2013, is my last night in London.

Time flies. In a blink of eye, two years has passed so quickly that you don't even have the time to realise it. Now, I am officially a graduated, it is time for me to start a new chapter. I'll take tomorrow's flight back as my vehicle of transition, it is bringing me to another life, a new life that is full of uncertainty.

If you ask me if I will miss London, I will say no, not that I dislike here but I'll say I will miss the carefree life here more than this place. Seriously, I really feel that I am one of the luckiest girl. Despite all the family issues, I feel that I am still very lucky to be born in this family. Compared to other friends, I may not have as much love they got from their family, but I am lucky enough that my family enables to support and respect me for most of my decisions, especially this decision of coming abroad to study something that I could probably learn in Malaysia. I must say "Thank You Pa, Ma".

Coming here to study is not just about the certificate you got (not that I went into some prestigious or any world's top 10 universities), but it is also about learning to be independent (duh!) and to see the world and yourself in a different perspective. One of the greatest lesson will be the skills to deal with people and the skills to surpress yourself (especially your ego) because in reality, the world doesn't revolve around you. This is something that  I am still learning. It is easy to say, but it is not an easy job to act!

Another thing that I learnt is to be independent and strong?!. Not to say cooking, cleaning or wtv, but independent in a way that you will need to force yourself to do all things by yourself, learn to face shitty days yourself and stepping out of your comfort zone to deal with most of the things. This makes me realised that the saying that you came to this world alone, and you will leave this world alone, so don't dependent on someone for you life. I guess in a way, I've experience the saying here - I am no longer the little sisters that always have sisters to back you up or the little pampered girlfriend that have boyfriend to help you and face most of the difficulties together, I just need to face and to DIY for most of the things. I don't know if this is a good thing or not, it somehow make you feel that you've started to built a protection wall around yourself. Oh well. I'll say that you just need to know when to build that wall up and when to let it go. Just think positive (also something that I learn here - I called it the self-persuasion skills or self-brainwash skills)! Law of attractions okaaaaay!! LOL!

What else? I'm not sure...But I know meeting a bunch of good friends is a definite! Because they are like your mini family here. =) They are the one who can understand your situation the most, and probably they are the only one who enable to help you during your difficulties here (not that I am very problematic here, but just saying...). And of course, they are the one who to have a share of common memory with you, be it good or bad. =') So I am glad to have this little family here. They taught me stuffs, they helped me, most of all they took good care of me.

OMG... why suddenly so sentimental. wtf. anyway... I guess that is all for today. I am still very sick of typing. it reminds me of my assignments and the long nights in uni. 


Oh well...


I shall end with a very round face of mine (for those people who do not believe that I gain weight, please refer to my face below. That is the current me!) 

A very touristic pic no? =D

toodles!



emilyccz

No comments:

Post a Comment