Thursday, August 22, 2013

A day in Amesbury and Oxford.

Waddap! Sorry about neglecting this place. I know almost every post of mine started with an apology for not updating the blog frequent enough. Sorry about that! It's just that during this one or two there has been a lot of things juggle and it definitely needed my full attention. =/ Will talk about it when I have the time to post more. =)

Anyway. This post was kind of backdated to July where my parents came over for a visit and I've brought them to Amesbury aka Stonehenge and Oxford town. Bare with me about the limited pictures that I got, because I've kept my hard disk into the luggage and I only got these pictures that is from the phone with me. (urgh... this makes me wonder why do I take so little with my phone?! And most of them are in bad photography skill.) LOL!


 On the way to Amesbury! Have you ever wonder why is all the buildings are so well maintain? This is something that Malaysia government should learn from the European countries - maintaining and preserving the old buildings instead of tearing it down one by one.

 I think this is everywhere. I'd say this is by far a quite successful campaign! People are buying not because of the drink, but the name on it. For instant, like me. I don't like to drink Coke nor any soft drink, but I got it because of my name is there.

 The small little town of Amesbury. Trust me, it is a very very very small town. It is probably even small than Cheras.

What's better than a pint of beer during the hot summer weather right?

So.. here's a picture of us and the stones. Seriously, I don't see the point of driving 1.5 hours west to see a few stones, cause other than the stones, there is pretty much nothing there but empty land and roads. Oh well!
p/s: Btw, this picture is taken by a tourist by just a take! (LOL! To me it is quite impressive for someone to take perfect jump shot picture by just a click!)

-----------//----------

At first,  when Fendi suggested to visit Oxford, I was very reluctant towards the idea because one of my friend used to study there and she had described to be that it is a very small and boring place. So I kind of imagined it to be like Amesbury. But at last after discussing about the plan, I've agreed to pay a visit to this place and it turn out to be out of my expectation. It is quite a nice place! Although it is a small town, but it is filled with lots of interesting shops (especially the vintage flea market that open every Thursday from morning to 3pm) and restaurants to visit!



 Maybe is because of the prestigious Oxford University is located here, and with all the well maintained old buildings here, I feel like I am in some Harry Potter town. #LOL. Probably the people who stay/study in Oxford might laugh at me about my description.

 I guess people used to exchange corns last time? Barter system? I dont know, you tell me about it.



LOOK!!  No Harry Potter feel??? >=/


LOL! Sorry I don't have any pictures of me here. 
I was too busy looking to toilet while I'm in Oxford - thanks to the beer + coffee I had earlier.
So here is a picture of Mr Grumpy as he is the designated driver/tour guide/peace maker/nanny of this trip.


I guess that is all for today!



xoxo.


emilyccz

No comments:

Post a Comment